4 oz. chocolate chips
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 oz. chocolate chips
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 tsp. milk or light coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp. corn syrup or honey
1/8 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 6 to 7-inch springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and spray the paper.
- Microwave chocolate and butter for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs. Add sugar and salt. Cream until fluffy.
- The mixture will look smooth and glossy.
- Add cocoa and chocolate and whisk until the cake batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for about 15 - 20 minutes. The center of the cake should be just firm to the touch, but be careful to not overbake the cake or it will be dry.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert the cake on a plate.
- To prepare the glaze, melt chocolate and butter in microwave. When melted and smooth, add milk and syrup or honey and vanilla and stir until smooth and glossy. Let the glaze cool for about 3 minutes before pouring it on the cake.